If you have an interest in geology or the landscape around you, we would appreciate your assistance. It is great to have professionals, but we have many interested amateurs, so if you possess hidden talents or even if you don’t have experience, we can advise and train you. Listed below are some of the areas where you can help:
- Specimen Identification and Collections: Identify and continue to catalogue and maintain our growing rock collection.
- Library and Photo Archives: maintaining the library of specialist publications and reference materials.
- Publications: We produce a range of promotional literature, trails and guides. Become a Geopark guide or a trail tester.
- Practical Work: Assist with site maintenance programmes and geoconservation.
- Field Assistant and/or Field Photography: Accompanying and assisting consultants during field trips, taking photos out in the field.
- Exhibition Work: Help us set up our displays and exhibition materials. Help at Rock and Fossil Roadshows, and with the creation of new activities
- Merchandise Sales: Attending events where the Trust is selling Trail Guides and other merchandise.
- Membership Recruitment: Attending fairs and exhibitions and speaking to prospective new members.
- Community Liaison: Attending meetings on important local issues.
Membership costs just £18 a year (to cover public liability and personal accident insurance). For this, you can join us and take part in all our events. Your membership will contribute greatly towards the conservation and promotion of our Earth Heritage. If you wish to make an extra donation that would be greatly appreciated. To join us, or to register your interest in volunteering, please download and complete the EHT Membership Form or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org