25 years, 25 miles, 25 weeks
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Earth Heritage Trust is 25 years old this year!
To celebrate 25 years since we were founded, Herefordshire and Worcestershire Earth Heritage Trust are organising a choice of sponsored walks from July to September 2021 to boost mood, get everyone out in the fresh air and help to support the Trust’s dedicated work to protect, conserve and improve earth heritage across the two counties.
Everyone can choose how they take part:
- Join a guided walk with a walk leader, choosing your destination from a range of timetabled trails.
- Walk at your own pace at a time to suit you, choosing your own route from our 26 Explore guide routes or one of the 17 sections of the Geopark Way, our landscape and heritage trail.
- Walk 25 miles in 25 weeks. Choose when your 25 weeks begin and where you walk from the Explore trail guides or sections of the Geopark Way. If 25 miles is a bit much, try 25 kilometres instead.
Everyone is welcome!
Join the first celebratory guided walk at 1.30 pm on Saturday 17th July 2021 in Ross on Wye and enjoy the fascinating local buildings, beautiful landscape and River Wye and learn about the geology of the area.
11 other guided walks will then take place across Herefordshire and Worcestershire until the end of September.
Anyone wanting to take part will receive a sponsorship pack:
- A list of timetabled walks
- All information required
- Sponsorship forms
- How to donate
- How to receive 25% off any Explore Trail Guides or the Geopark Way Guidebook
Anyone who completes the 25 miles (or 25 kilometres) challenge in 25 weeks will receive a £25 donation to their sponsorship fund from one of the Trust’s Friends. Alternatively, anyone who would like to take part in a walk with no sponsorship can join us for a small fee of £4 per walk to include a trail guide.
To register an interest in taking part or for further details:
Please contact Allison or David at Herefordshire and Worcestershire Earth Heritage Trust: email@example.com or call 01905 855184.